Friday, July 13, 2012

Liebster Blog Lovin'

The blogging community is so supportive and encouraging.  Bloggers of all creeds, races, and walks of life come together to encourage, comfort, and support one another in their bloggy endeavors.  There is always copious amounts of love to be had in the blogosphere!



One way bloggers show their love and support is through the Liebster award, which is a lovely token of appreciation from one blogger to 11 others, to let them know they have "put together a pretty great blog."  The Liebster is specifically for blogs with less than 200 followers-- which makes it the perfect way to showcase the new kids on the bloggy block.  :)

Laura from Stroller Parking Only sent me the Liebster love, and I couldn't be more humbled.  Laura is from Canada, and is the mother of one infant and one labrador retriever.  She is direct, honest, and hilarious, and if you haven't yet visited her blog, then I insist you do soon.  You won't be sorry!  :)



Here are the rules for the Liebster Lovin'


*Post 11 random facts about yourself.
*Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post.
*Tell them you’ve tagged them.
*Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged.
**No tag backs.




11 Random Facts about Moi

  1. I cannot function in my house without my kitchen timer.  It helps me remember things that otherwise would get lost in the shuffle on the Crazy Train, like medicating my dog, not burning dinner, remembering an appointment, or calling my mother!  It also helps me procrastinate just a little longer on undesirable tasks.  ex.  I will clean the bathroom as soon as the timer beeps-- if I remember to turn the timer on, that is!
  2. I will not take my kids to a party that has clowns, but I will go to a circus that has clowns.  They just aren't the same.  One is a creepy child molester in disguise, and the other is a stunt man in disguise-- apples and oranges, baby.  But... if I were to randomly encounter a clown when out and about, I would assume it is of the molester birthday variety and freak out accordingly.  We all have our hang ups, mine just paints his face in an attempt to look friendly.
  3. My very favorite tv show of all time is Alias, and I secretly want to be Sidney Bristow.  Coolest. Spy-chick. EVER!!  If only I were cuter, smarter, more athletic, could speak dozens of languages, and worked better under pressure, I could TOTALLY be her.  Totally.  Not that I'm bragging or anything-- I'm just saying.
  4. I compulsively buy yarn and crochet pattern books.  There, I said it-- isn't admitting your addiction the first step toward defeating it?!
  5. I have seen the movie "When Harry Met Sally" more times than I can count.  I have had 2 VHS copies of this movie and now I have a DVD.  You can't wear out a DVD, can you?
  6. I have a tattoo of a hummingbird (don't worry-- you'll never have to see it!), which looked more like a vulture when I was pregnant, due to it's much wider wingspan and stretched out neck.  My much younger cousin saw this tattoo (and navel piercing-- which is now extinct) when I was babysitting and wanted to know when hers would "grow in".  LOL!  I told her it would show up about the time she realized how much it would piss off her dad. Hehehe... So far, it has not "grown in", but I bet it's coming soon.
  7. I like to heat dill pickles in the microwave until they are warm, coat them with ketchup, and eat them for snack.  Don't knock it 'til you try it-- it's like eating the pickles right off a warm burger!  Yum!  :)
  8. I dream about tornados when I am stressed or when I am about to move-- to a new home, not just moving about in general.  I think this might be an indication that I dislike change.  I bet a psychologist would have a heyday with me!
  9. I would go to school and be a career student if I could figure out a way to get paid for it. I LOVE TO GO TO SCHOOL!!  And I am none too picky about what I study.  I have a BA in chemistry, a BS in Secondary Science Education, I have completed bartending school, and I am halfway to earning my Paralegal certificate.  (Although, truth be told, I may not finish that one.)  I was also preparing to take the LSATs to gain admission to law school when I found out I was pregnant.  I am REALLY glad I decided to let that little whim go-- I am loving being home with my ladies.  :)
  10. I love to play basketball-- but I absolutely HATE watching sports on tv.  I just won't do it.  I am so glad my husband agrees with me on that one.
  11. Slurpers really piss me off.  If your drink is too hot to drink, then for Pete's sake-- don't drink the damn thing!

11 Bloggers that deserve the Liebster Lovin'

Here are the 11 questions Laura asked & my answers:

1. Do you bother getting dressed if you are not leaving the house that day?
Unless I am really, REALLY sick, I always get dressed in something other than my jammies.  Life just has a way, I have found, of insisting upon it anyway.


2. Are leggings pants?
Not on my ass, they're not.  On me, leggings are a weensy bit gross.  Unless, that is, you enjoy incredibly obvious VPL right atop the world's biggest turkey drumsticks, wrapped in lycra, no less.  You skinny-legged girls that can get away with them-- to you I say rock on bitch girl!  ;)


3. How do you keep your little ones entertained while you cook? (Seriously. I’m asking because I desperately need ideas!)
When they were little, if I couldn't find some way for them to help, I would sit them at the kitchen table with art supplies and let them have at it.  Now that my girls are older, they pretty much entertain themselves-- especially if you consider fighting with one another entertainment.


4. Real Housewives shows- love or hate (or hate to love)?
I can honestly say I have never watched.  I hear they are chock full of all sorts of crazy drama, and frankly, I have plenty of that in my life already.


5. What are your goals for your blog?
My main bloggy goal is to raise awareness about autism by telling stories about every day life with my spectrum-y girls.  I also want to emphasize that having a child on the spectrum isn't a situation to be mourned, but instead celebrated!  I have the wonderful privilege of seeing the world from two very unique perspectives every single day!


6. If you were a stroller, what kind of stroller would you be?
A very dilapidated one!  One that used to be top-notch and in great shape, but now is lucky to not look lop-sided.  :)


7. Do you close the door when you go to the bathroom if no one's home?
I don't shut the door to go to the bathroom when the kids are here!  By leaving the door open, the gross-out factor is enough to assure me more privacy than I would get with the door closed.  Hehehe.  I love to hear the girls yell to one another "stay out of the living room, Sissy-- Mom's on the toilet with the door open!"


8. How many different homes have you lived in over the years?
Well, let's see here.  2 houses in my childhood.  2 dorm rooms, one in high school and one in college.  Also 1 apartment and 1 townhouse in college.  Then once I married, 1 apartment, 3 houses, and 2 townhouses.  Geez-- for a grand total of 12 different homes so far in my 36 years.  Wow-- I really get around.


9. What’s the best part about being a mom?
Watching my children learn is my favorite part of motherhood.  Even the stuff you don't want them to figure out is fun eventually (even if it takes a glass of wine or two to make it fun.)


10. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
The hardest thing about being a mom to me is letting my girls learn things the hard way sometimes.  I so very much want to save them from themselves, but I know that they need to fail once in awhile to truly grow and thrive.


11. How did you chose your child(ren)’s name(s)?
It was very easy to pick out Princess's name.  When I first discovered I was pregnant, Hubby and I picked our "girl name" by putting his favorite and my favorite together-- easy enough!  When we found out there were two little munchkins to name, we got a bit creative.  Birdie's first name came from a character of a favorite tv show, and her middle name was inspired by the name of a favorite college basketball coach's wife.  Bet you'd never have guessed that!



And now, the 11 questions I'd like my Liebster recipients to answer:

  1. What is in your "secret stash" that you hide from your kids or spouse? (I hide dark chocolate, for example.)
  2. What are your feelings on the "5-Second Rule"?
  3. What is the best compliment you have ever received from one of your blog followers?
  4. What pushes your crazy-psycho button?
  5. Who inspires you the most on your life journey?
  6. What gets you through the day most often: coffee, wine, or your sense of humor?
  7. What's your number one travelling tip?
  8. If you weren't doing what you're doing today career-wise, what other life/career path would you be on?
  9. What are your goals for blogging?
  10. Anything on your bucket list you'd like to share?
  11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done that you are willing to admit to doing?

FINALLY!!! My work here is done!  If you made it all the way to the end, please accept my cyber hug as a token of my appreciation!  Share the bloggy love!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm going to work my way backwards here. Congrats to you on the award and thanks for passing it along to me. Since I am waaaaay behind and am having a hard time coming up with even 1 random fact about myself...I hope you won't mind if I shorten my list to say ummmmm 1? ;P

    Thanks again Christina! Gonna get blogging right now! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to be so very late doing this, but I want to congratulate you on receiving this award. I also want to say thank you for choosing me to receive it as well. I'm very grateful! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete