Saturday, August 11, 2012

Aw Shucks, People Think I'm Great!

Guess what, y'all!  I've been nominated for some more bloggy love awards. Before I go any further, though, I want to apologize to those that have nominated me for so taking so long to respond to these honors.  I am so flattered that you love me enough to send me this accolade!  You have truly made my day!  I have had so much going on this summer, however, that these kept piling up, unanswered-- but I am making that right this very second.


First of all, I have received three new Liebster nods!  Woo hoo!  My original Liebster Award came from Laura at Stroller Parking Only back in July, and you can see my post here.  Since then, my adorable friends Tricia at Today With the Tennerys, Sarah at Daily Messes, and Leigh at 1 of a Kind have also nominated me for this honor.  These ladies have wonderful blogs of their own that you should really check out some time.  Each have a little something for everyone, and I am sure you will love them as much as I do.  Forgive me ladies, for not going through all the hoops that come with an original Liebster nomination-- there's only so many random facts about me to be had!


I have also had the honor of being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!  Melissa at Figuring It Out As We Grow and my bloggy friend at Too Smart For Her Own Good have both nominated me for this, and I think that is super cool!  These two ladies are also worth your time to read!  I enjoy their insights into motherhood and life in general.  I hope you take the time to check them out as well.  :)





The Rules:

1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2.  Answer (10) questions about yourself (*the same ones that I answer below).
3.  Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4.  Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5.  Share the love and link the person who nominated you.


Ten Questions and Answers:

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?

I really hate how inflexible I can be about my personal schedule.  At work, I can totally roll with the punches and change plans at the drop of a hat.  When it comes to something that I have planned to do on my own time, however-- this mama don't likey the changey.  My kids have helped me get over this a little, but I could still use some work in this area.


2.  What is your theme song?

My theme song, huh?  You mean, like the song I imagine is playing ever time I enter a room?  Or the song that sums up who I am?  In my head, I hear the "Wonder Woman" theme play when I enter a room, because I'm delusional like that, yo.  My life theme song, however, is probably "Life Is Sweet", by Natalie Merchant.  Wonderful words about looking on the bright side.  :)


3.  One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?

Ew-- this is a tough one.  I really don't want to lose any of the stuff bouncing around in my memory from my past.  All those things lead me to make much more informed decisions than I could otherwise make.  I'm sure if I dug deep, I could find a boyfriend or two from my past that really contributed little or nothing to the betterment of my life... but I'd hate to speak ill of anyone incapable of defending himself. *smirk*


4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
 
I have a hard time believing that growing up in the 80's like I did could be improved upon.  If I had to choose another era... I really love the music of the 60's, like the Beatles, CCR, The Doors, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Turtles.  I'd probably fit right in.


5. What was your favorite childhood toy?

I loved my Spirograph!  Best toy EVER!  My basketball was pretty important to me, too.


6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?

Vacuuming, 'cuz it is the only thing that can sufficiently drown out the sound of my children screaming at one another.  ;)


7. Do you Twitter?

Yes, but I do it very badly.  What I do would more aptly be described as Flitter.


8. Any goals?

One day I think I might write a book.  I keep getting pestered to do it by my friends and family, and I am running out of good excuses for why I shouldn't.  I just secretly fear that I would put in all that work and no one would read the damn thing!


9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?

Not all the time-- I have to sleep and go to work sometimes.  And clean the house and deal with my children sometimes...  Let's just say I dream about drinking margaritas all the time!


10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?

My very first car was the absolute most embarrassing vehicle on the road.  It was a brown Mazda GLC hatchback.  My dad called it the Dooky-Mobile, and I would park it on the very edge of my high school campus so that most people wouldn't see me arriving to school in it.  To make matters worse, it wouldn't stay cranked unless you always had your foot on the gas (even when braking) AND it had a single track cassette tape of the song "Doo Doo Brown" stuck in the cassette player.  I could either listen to that awful song on continuous loop or have no music at all when driving.  Can you say suckage, my friends?!


My Sunshine Nominees are:
You Know It Happens At Your House Too
Today With the Tennerys
Bubblegum On My Shoe
Yeah. Good Times.
Musings of an im-Perfect Mom
Raising Asperger's Kids
1camera1mom
Fried Green Tomatoes & Sweet Tea
Snarkfest
Hi! It's Jilly.


Thanks again to Too Smart For Her Own Good and Figuring It Out As We Grow for this Sunshine bloggy honor.  Go visit these wonderful ladies and see what they're all about-- you won't be sorry you did!  As for my Sunshine Nominees, I love you all, and your words keep me happy, laughing, and on my toes.  Congrats, nominees!

14 comments:

  1. thanks for nominating my blog! Ill try to get around to answering the questions. Things have been pretty crazy around here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, and well-deserving! And don't worry about being prompt-- took me nearly a month to get to this!

      Delete
  2. You're such a sweetie! I have been reading some of your posts out loud to my husband and he's almost dying laughing... so then I read him the post on Scary Mom and he said it was so beautifully written. Oh and do I answer the same 10 questions? Yeah, I'm one of THOSE that needs some "splainin" from Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you wonderful?! You always make me feel like I'm doing something good here, and that's one of the reasons I love you so much! :) And yes, you answer the same questions. I could have made that a little clearer, I suppose. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thank you baby!!! Much appreciated. I'll do the Q&A this evening and put the pretty flower on my wall then too. :)

    Baby, you're the greatest!!

    Teri
    Snarkfest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks so much! I have to say, one of the best Q&As evah! Had me laughing. And yes if only to vacuum to drown out the noise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *deep bow and a flourish* hehehe

      Looks like we have a consensus on the vacuum! Looking forward to your responses. :)

      Delete
  5. Found you on the Monday Mongle and wanted to say hi! I agree, vacuuming is the best chore.... no goopy mess and it LOOKS like it makes a difference when you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished my acceptance speech :) and thanks again. http://www.todaywiththetennerys.com/2012/08/an-award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from Mom's Monday Mingle!

    Congratulations!!

    Please come by & say Hello if you haven't already. (And follow back)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the multiple awards...love the blog! Your newst follower from the Monday Mingle.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Christina for liking my blog so much! It's the only one of my 5 blogs that I sometimes wonder if I should keep at it and the funny thing is that it's the blog that has now twice received an award. It keeps me motivated! I'll have to post my answers a bit later as I've been really sick these past few days. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now follow you through GFC and found you through the mom's monday mingle!

    ReplyDelete